CEREC is a sophisticated computer-aided system for producing durable high-quality ceramic restorations. It is simple to use, fast and conserves the natural tooth. CEREC is ideal for patients who want an authentic tooth-colored alternative to amalgam or gold. In many cases CEREC allows tooth restorations to be completed in a single session – without impressions, temporaries or long waiting periods.
Perfect teeth in five easy steps:
- Before treatment starts your dentist will inform you about all the benefits of CEREC.
- The first step is to remove the dental caries and/or the exist ing filling.The CEREC measuring camera then takes a three-dimensional photograph of your tooth.
- The contours of the ceramic restoration are designed on the computer monitor.
- CEREC automatically mills the restoration out of a tooth-colored ceramic block.
- Finally,the restoration is inserted into your tooth and polished.The finished ceramic restoration looks and feels exactly like natural dental enamel.
Advantages of Using CEREC
- Durable ceramic material
- Conserves the natural tooth
- Only one treatment session required